Skip to main content

A weekend of smiles - was a success :)

Mission Caleb's 5th birthday was very much a success. He had smiles all weekend long and that was my goal. That is always my goal, to keep him happy. Caleb had an awesome time on his actual birthday making his favorite chocolate cake with chocolate icing. He just hung around that day as the weekend was very busy for him! On Saturday he had his friends party at Goofy's Candy Shop. There they had games, dancing, birthday marches and cupcake decorating for him and his friends. He had a blast and so did they! They played pin the cherry on the banana split, freeze dance, limbo amongst other games. He was smiling and laughing the entire time! SCORE for Mama for planning the "bestest 5th birthday ever!"
That afternoon we went and checked into the Old Key West resort for his family birthday that evening. Caleb enjoyed some swimming that afternoon in the pool and on the slide - he loves Disney slides! Then all his cousins came for his family party. He had fun running around, opening presents and blowing out the candles on his cake! The next morning we woke up and had one more surprise - breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Caleb has not wanted photos with characters since he was 1, so I jumped on the chance when he told me he wanted pictures again and big hugs from the characters. His favorite is Donald Duck (just like Mama). That afternoon we came home, exhausted and just hung out and played with his toys.

The rest of the week we pretty much relaxed. He was able to return to school on Monday for his class party and again on Thursday for his regular class as his counts have gone up. He was so happy and excited to see his teachers and friends that he didn't want to leave! He loves being able to go and see everyone and have FUN and Learn!

Monday he returned to clinic for a visit and two chemos. He met counts as this phase depending on counts they decide if they are going to increase the chemo or not. They increased his, as his counts were doing well. He has had to take a few extra meds for pain and nausea but overall he is doing well. Our short clinic day ended up being super long :( because they were so packed! But he had buddies there to keep him entertained and as always Billy, from Child Life had games on hand for him to play!

One thing I know I have learned throughout Caleb's journey so far is the generous, thoughtful angels that walk here on Earth. The outpouring of love & support that come at the most unexpected times is amazing. It brings me to tears on a daily basis how generous, thoughtful, and kind so many people are. People that were once strangers are now our biggest supporters and followers of his journey. It means so much to both of us!  

BIG Thank you to Debbie Turner & the Cancer Center for always being there for us! You put a big smile on Caleb's face today! THANK YOU!! AND TJ Prodigy for taking your time to 
follow Caleb & his journey and shower him with words of encouragement & gifts! I have to limit the 
whistle and guitar time! HAHA!

Thank You Everyone for all your Love, Support & Prayers!
You are helping us through every step in this journey!
Love,
Caleb's Mama

 Love this SMILE!!!


Coloring at his birthday Party
 Limbo Time
 Cupcake decorating

 Pin the cherry on the banana split!
 Blowing out his Birthday Candles!
 Breakfast Time!
Goofy!
 Kisses From Minnie <3

 All Smiles!

Hanging out with his cousin, Avery
 Breakfast with our favorite-
Donald Duck

Breakfast Celebration Cupcake 
at Chef Mickey

 Playing with his cousins, Paige and Caity

Courageous
Casting Crowns


Comments

  1. Aww so glad he had a nice weekend. I am completely in love with the photo 5th from the bottom ('All Smiles). It is absolutely adorable. He has the most perfect little teeth ever. Seriously i think you have a future heartbreaker on your hands, he is such a handsome little man.
    x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The day our lives changed....

It was my 33 birthday... My plan was to get Caleb's cast on his leg, get some R&R, play Wii & have birthday cake. That isn't exactly how it worked out. It all started days prior when Caleb began complaining of a pain in his right wrist. Since he is a very active boy at home, in school and on the soccer field I figured it was a sprain. Plus, the way he continued to be so active and the pain was sporatic, I would give him Tylenol and tell him to rest. Finally on Saturday before his soccer game I was dressing him and he yelled as I put his shirt on. He still insisted it was ok, but to ease my mind I said we'd go to an urgent care later. He played a great game. Running around like crazy and being my little soccer star that he is. We later went to urgent care to check out his arm. After XRays they said the bone was bent and put it in a sling and to follow up with an ortho at some point this week. That didn't sit well with me.. Next stop was the Arnold Palmer ER for h

Tough Guys Don't Do Hair

Another week of treatment behind us. This week has been a rough one mentally, emotionally and physically for Caleb and I. Clinic days drain us both. They completely drain me, Lord only knows what they do to him, really. Caleb and I went into clinic at 930 yesterday and he wasn't taken for his LP until 12:10 pm. By noon, he was cranky and starving. And I didn't blame him since  he hadn't eaten or drank since 7pm the night prior. That was the longest he had to go without eating for sedation. He's been having pains in his legs and the doctor feels again it's from one of the chemos that has that effect. So I'm just treating him as needed with pain medication or morphine at home. Hoping it doesn't get as bad as it was two weeks prior. He's getting as used to it as he can not having hair. At times I think he forgets. He still has strand on top of his head, but mostly gone. It's still falling out. I remind him everyday how handsome he is and how amazing h

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY CALEB BLAISE!

I can specifically remember a conversation I had with my sister back in February. My sister and I have birthdays in March that fall in the same week. Each year we complain about being  another year older or closer to some milestone year. I always make fun of her because she is older and will hit those first. Anyways, I can remember a conversation this year we had about our birthdays and a comment a patient of hers said to her. My sister is an oncology nurse and works with adult cancer patients. They said that they don't dread their birthdays at all - that is yet another milestone, yet another year they are beating their disease. I agreed with her, but never did I think I'd be thinking about that in regards to my son. Caleb Blaise turns 5 years old today. My brave little boy has been through so much since his last birthday. I am thankful we found what we did, when we did. He is proving just how strong he is and how many more milestones he will accomplish. On that day he was gi