Skip to main content

One step closer...

Dear Donor,

We have been told YOU have been found, YOU are the perfect match for my boy and YOU have agreed to give him bone marrow (no peripheral blood, actual bone marrow extracted from your hip where you will undergo a day stay surgery and have soreness for a few days after) . All we know about you is that you are 29 years old, a male and do not live in our country.  You will be taking time out of YOUR daily life to help save my boy. That is the most selfless act any person can do. We are grateful and can not wait for the day we can meet you. Thanking you will NEVER be enough. NEVER.

We are one step closer now to having transplant. My boy worked and fought LONG and HARD these past few weeks. You see, the chemotherapy wasn't doing the job it was supposed to. The chemo was recognizing his cancer cells and saying "Screw you, we've seen this before!" So, my boy was lucky enough to be fit for a trial where they used a new immunotherapy drug called, blinatumomab. He had a surgery to have a broviac double lumen central line placed in his chest. He had an allergic reaction to the CHG wash prior to surgery. He had 3 cyto "storms" where the drug attacked the leukemia cells and killed them. He had high fevers, body shakes and felt really, really crummy. He was inpatient 11 days during that. Finally, he could go home and be with his family and new baby sister.  He still had his meds infusing, he wore a backpack with a pump and the IV bag for 28 days.  He had his bone marrow test and we got the results we were praying for -- MRD NEGATIVE. No disease in his marrow.  So, he had a week of rest and we restarted the immunotherapy again. We met with his bone marrow transplant team and toured where he will be staying for 60 days.

This week he finished his immunotherapy for the second month. We got the dates of admit and actual bone marrow transplant. He will be admitted on July 20th and his transplant will be July 28th. Your cells will fly internationally to him... we think that's pretty neat. They will fly over the Atlantic Ocean.

The next two weeks consist of a bunch of doctors appointments to prepare him for transplant. He is getting checked out literally from head to toe with CT scans, X-rays, 24 hour specimen catches and tons of testing to ensure he's ready for transplant. Busy doesn't even describe it. We're also trying to fit in some family fun since he will be inpatient for 40-60 days minimum following transplant.

So for the next few weeks we are busy with appointments, but squeezing in fun as much as we can, all while keeping him healthy and germ free.

Caleb's Mom

 During his first two cytostorms I was inpatient giving birth to his sister. We were thankful for technology so he could talk to me. He was very emotional and not feeling right.
During a cytostorm. Temps reaching 103 and body shakes.
 Runway to Hope Event with Howie Dorough from BSB and Nikki Bella, WWE.

 During his 11 night stay at APH.
 The start of a cytostorm.
 First ever Broviac change - like a champ!
His immunotherapy book bag, pump and meds.

Comments


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Breast CANCER,Lung Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Brain Cancer,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com. or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The day our lives changed....

It was my 33 birthday... My plan was to get Caleb's cast on his leg, get some R&R, play Wii & have birthday cake. That isn't exactly how it worked out. It all started days prior when Caleb began complaining of a pain in his right wrist. Since he is a very active boy at home, in school and on the soccer field I figured it was a sprain. Plus, the way he continued to be so active and the pain was sporatic, I would give him Tylenol and tell him to rest. Finally on Saturday before his soccer game I was dressing him and he yelled as I put his shirt on. He still insisted it was ok, but to ease my mind I said we'd go to an urgent care later. He played a great game. Running around like crazy and being my little soccer star that he is. We later went to urgent care to check out his arm. After XRays they said the bone was bent and put it in a sling and to follow up with an ortho at some point this week. That didn't sit well with me.. Next stop was the Arnold Palmer ER for h

Tough Guys Don't Do Hair

Another week of treatment behind us. This week has been a rough one mentally, emotionally and physically for Caleb and I. Clinic days drain us both. They completely drain me, Lord only knows what they do to him, really. Caleb and I went into clinic at 930 yesterday and he wasn't taken for his LP until 12:10 pm. By noon, he was cranky and starving. And I didn't blame him since  he hadn't eaten or drank since 7pm the night prior. That was the longest he had to go without eating for sedation. He's been having pains in his legs and the doctor feels again it's from one of the chemos that has that effect. So I'm just treating him as needed with pain medication or morphine at home. Hoping it doesn't get as bad as it was two weeks prior. He's getting as used to it as he can not having hair. At times I think he forgets. He still has strand on top of his head, but mostly gone. It's still falling out. I remind him everyday how handsome he is and how amazing h